Monday, June 16, 2008

The Simple Things in LiFe

So one Saturday Trent and I took a trip to Salem City to visit his Grandma who is pushing 93 years old. She's so adorable and while we were there we visited some peaceful spots in that area.

In the back of Grandma's yard are these absolutely beautiful horses. Trent's really good with animals and loves them dearly (Julia: you guys are a lot alike in that area) Me haha not so much well I love animals but I'm a murderer when it comes to insects and I squish them any chance i get because they creep me out.....sorry. So I'm pretty confident with this horse in liking me but as soon as i go up to the horse he runs away so here is a picture below of me by myself :( so maybe i lost my touch in animals as well.

Here's a sweet picture of Trent and his Grandma. She's 92 years old and still going strong. They have the same eyes. If you notice though she's not looking at the camera. she's slightly blind and deaf but hey she's living by herself so I give her props. Also there's some pictures of the inside of her house. Don't you just love the color of that chair. The presentation of the other pictures are just sweet. She has stuff like this laid everywhere in the house.
Here are some pictures that I took around the house. It was an absolutely beautiful day. While Trent and I were admiring the outdoors before we knew it Grandma came out with cutters and put Trent to work haha it was so funny cause we come to visit and she puts him to work. He was a good sport about it :)
Trent's dad (Lamar) created this for his wife (Ruth) when they were kids. So sweet. It reads "Lamar loves Ruth".These were taken at his Brother's house just down the road. Willow trees are my favorite so I had to take a picture of this beautiful and peaceful scene. He showed me his dog Taz of 13 years old and it shows. Trent attempted to have Taz jump on him but Taz seemed confused. So we gave up and actually he just walked away from us out of boredom it was so funny.Here's us cruzin' in my 98 Saturn----Oh yeah! Notice the sweet shot of the mountains in the back window.
Just a couple of pictures of us :)

8 comments:

Matt said...

You guys look really good together, Laura. Beautiful pictures, too, of the home and mountains. Is Trent from Salem City, Utah?

Anonymous said...

no he's from Orem. His grandma lives in Salem City, where his dad grew up.

Staci said...

thanks for sharing the pics...we love when laura post ;) Also I love his grandmas house..so vintage.

barbmartin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Laura, you look great. And Trent is a sweetheart. His grandmother sounds so sweet and must really love her grandson, especially when he comes to visit. Keep posting! Love you!

mica said...

I love the pictures of you two together! Laura, you look so beautiful and happy. I love the soft makeup. You look stunning in the last picture...he looks pretty good too:)

Anonymous said...

haha hey everyone p.s. the picture of the building is not her house...that is an old shed behind her house....lol that would be sad if it was but its not.

Cherylann and Mike said...

Laura, I love the pictures. You look gorgeous! I just love this blog thing, being able to spy on what everyone is doing!

Matt said...

i was looking at the pictures again today. His grandma looks dang good for her age! 93 is it? Wow. Keep taking more pictures Laura. They look good!