Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Survived!


Okay! I lived! Here's pretty much what happened:
They knocked me out, then I woke up about 2 minutes later (in my mind, but it was really like an hour). I was a little confused at first, but then I figured out where I was and what was happening. Then the nice nurses helped me into a wheelchair and rolled me into another room where they sat me in a recliner to wait for mom. While they were doing this, Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles came on the radio and all I wanted to do was sing! But I couldn't, because I couldn't even feel my mouth. My cheeks, my chin, my bottom lip, my gums, and my tongue were completely numb. When I touched my face, it felt like I was touching the face of a dead person.
But anywho, I was so flippin' tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open. But then mom walked in, along with one of the nice nurses. I was so happy to see her, I couldn't help but smile! She came over, sat down next to me, and gave me a lot of lovin'. (You know mom.) I was like, "I'm so sleepy". Then I told her I loved her. Don't really know why, though...kinda random. But as I looked around, I noticed that I had an IV in my left hand (which was kinda bloody...so we were guessing that they probably missed a couple times), one of those pulse-taking things on my left pointer finger, and also one of those blood pressure thingies around my upper, right arm. Apparantly (and I vaguely remember this) I kept looking at the IV in my hand and giggling.

Then finally, we were on our way home! But we had to stop at CVS first to get my drugs. So while mom was inside, I waited in the car (of course). But about 10 minutes later, I started to get really frustrated. The car was getting hot, people who walked by kept looking at me funny, the taste in my mouth was unbearable, and my throat was really dry because I hadn't had anything to drink for about 11 hours. I kept thinking, "She's never coming back!!". It was only like 15 minutes, but I about died. I was slowly loosing my mind.

Finally, we were home!! I just plopped on the couch and we started watching the movie we had rented, Remember Me. It was alright. Kind of a dumb story though. The ending was good. But anyway, my face was so numb that I could barely sip water through a straw. Plus, it was really gross because of the nasty taste in my mouth. But then, after a while, I was able to down some applesauce and some oatmeal. Then I had my drugs and I was happy. I also tried watching Sherlock Holmes, which we rented as well, but ended up falling asleep. I woke up about 2 hours later, refreshed and no longer numb! Hooray! That was a relief.

So now...here I am. I have a bag of raspberries held up to my face with my shoulder. It feels good. This whole thing really isn't as bad as everyone said it was going to be. Although, I'm guessing that the second day is worse than the first. I guess we'll just have to see. All I have to say is, God bless the people that created Motrin and Vicadin. Seriously. (Although, they're most likely dead now. Oh well.)

2 comments:

Staci said...

awe good job Julia..you are now a woman! Thankfully I never had to get my wisdom teeth out so I admire your strength.

Julia said...

'gasp' I'm now a woman?! Yaay!