Sunday, June 24, 2007

Birthday Bash!

Wow! I may have to celebrate my birthday in California more often. I was really just expecting a quiet passing of my b-day but the family really knew how to make me smile! First of all, I came home Friday to find that I had a mail package. I opened it up and found a nicely wrapped green package with a green envelope. I though, Oh mom, how sweet! And so I put it aside. But then Saturday morning, my birthday, I opened it up and discovered a brand new computer game from Rob and Staci! Thanks guys! I can't wait to get scared from this game.

On Saturday I went up to Sacramento to spend the day with Paul and Emily. They were so much fun! It was so great getting to know them better. They're awesome. And their little girl Amy is so dang cute. We first picked up Emily from work and then went straight to the theaters to watch FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It was good. And funny too. Although I wish they would have shown Galactus a little more because he is one freaky dude! Then we went out to eat and then hung out at their place where Paul and I played some classic games on his PC like Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and, a new one to me, Unicycle (?!). Then we just chilled and ate some dinner. After eating, we visited the Sacramento temple and walked around. It was really great getting to know them better. Thanks Emily and Paul!

On Sunday Sandy and Gordon invted Aaron's family over along with Jeannie and the twins. We had apple pie and ice cream. Then they asked me to sing for them after I ate a big bowl of ice cream! I sang a quick song for them and then I busted out my barbershop quartet's CD and played some of our songs for them. Then were just hung out and talked or "visited" as some people put it. It was wonderful! I'm so blessed to have the chance to get to know the Wilson/Rawlins side of the family this summer. Stay tuned for pics!

No comments: